Ethan is 3 months old today. He is no longer an infant, but a cute little baby :) He looks much more different than when he was a newborn. His cheeks are beefed up, his eyes are rounder, and obviously he has grown taller. As for the motoric growth and development, I find that he is slower than his big brother when he was at the same age. His brother could lift his head upright on tummy position when he was only 9 weeks old. Ethan is almost 13 weeks old but he is still unable to do so. As you can see in this picture, he is still trying hard to support his head.I brought him for his 2nd dose of 6-in-1 vaccination today, and I was surprised to find that his weight is only 5.4 kg. According to the chart, that's probably only 20% or less percentile. Compared to his peers, he does look smaller, but I don't find him skinny. Despite this fact, he is perfectly healthy. He is even more and more interactive each day. I will try to change the way I nurse him, by using this method called block-nursing.
Ethan has also been napping with his Koko in the afternoon. They both seem to enjoy sleeping together in the same room. Both could sleep up to 3 hours each nap time! This is definitely a blessing for me :) His night time sleep has also improved a lot. After the last feed, whenever he shows signs of sleepiness, I'd just put him on his cot and put a blanket on him, and he'd just doze off by himself. He'd wake up the next morning around 6-7 AM. On some occassions, he'd wake up at 4 or 5 AM just for a quick feed.
No comments:
Post a Comment