At 6 weeks old, Ethan has improved a lot, especially on his sleeping time. At first he sleeps for 4 hours straight at night, then 5 hours, then just recently he's been sleeping for 6 hours straight! I am so over the moon! :) He's such a good sleeper and it really helps me a lot since now I can have uninterrupted sleep at night.BUT, to get him to sleep, is a challenge every now and then. He'd feed at around 10 PM, then we try to put him on his cot to let him sleep on his own. But he'd cry non-stop until we have no choice but to pick him up and carry him. Then he'd feed again for 2 minutes and doze off again. When we put him down, he'd wake up and start crying again. The cycle goes on and on for at least 4-5 times until he's soooo sleepy he couldn't bother to wake up and cry again. This process usually takes for about 1 hour. So, he'd sleep at 11PM and wake up at 5 AM the next morning. When he wakes up, my breasts would be so hard that I guess each would have produced at least 100ml for him to drink. After feeding from one breast, he'd usually go back to sleep before waking up again at 8 for another feeding.
During the day, he still feeds every 3 hours or so. For nap time, I put him on his tummy, and he can sleep for 3 hours.
Overall, he is a much easier baby. I hope he stays that way until he grows up :))
No comments:
Post a Comment