We brought Ethan for his circumcision today to the same doctor who performed the circumcision for Nathan. My feelings this time for his circumcision are somewhat different compared to last time with Nathan. The same feeling I had about his head being shaved. Not sure why, but I felt a little bit reluctant to let him be circumcised. I just felt that he is still too small. But I took him anyway suppressing my perhaps irrational thinking. I took Nathan too to the clinic and my brother also went with us.
Our appointment was in the morning at 10 AM, but we waited almost for an hour. First I had to give him Panadol before the process to ease his pain. He didn't like the taste at all. He spitted almost all of it when I gave it to him. It was his first time tasting other liquid apart from breast milk and formula milk. Then after about 15 minutes, the doctor started to perform the circumcision. As I expected, he cried more when the doctor injected the local anesthetic and performed everything. His brother last time was much tougher and cried only a little bit. The process was very fast. Nathan kept wanting to watch and go in the room, but of course he was not allowed in.
Afterward, we went for lunch in the city and Ethan suddenly cried non-stop and didn't want to be put in the stroller. So I carried him, but he was still crying. The medication must have worn off and he started to feel uncomfortable. Then he poo-ed, and soiled his entire clothes and body! I practically had to 'bathe' him using baby wipes in the nursery room :)
He was more settled when we went home. Hang on there baby, soon you will feel better!
Our appointment was in the morning at 10 AM, but we waited almost for an hour. First I had to give him Panadol before the process to ease his pain. He didn't like the taste at all. He spitted almost all of it when I gave it to him. It was his first time tasting other liquid apart from breast milk and formula milk. Then after about 15 minutes, the doctor started to perform the circumcision. As I expected, he cried more when the doctor injected the local anesthetic and performed everything. His brother last time was much tougher and cried only a little bit. The process was very fast. Nathan kept wanting to watch and go in the room, but of course he was not allowed in.
Afterward, we went for lunch in the city and Ethan suddenly cried non-stop and didn't want to be put in the stroller. So I carried him, but he was still crying. The medication must have worn off and he started to feel uncomfortable. Then he poo-ed, and soiled his entire clothes and body! I practically had to 'bathe' him using baby wipes in the nursery room :)
He was more settled when we went home. Hang on there baby, soon you will feel better!
No comments:
Post a Comment